🧑🏽🍳 Level: ⭐⭐
⌛Prep Time: 35 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes
📈Calories per Serving: 367This chocolate cake has no sugar added and tastes as delicious as the great chocolate cakes we all love!
Finding a recipe for a moist and creamy sugar free cake is very hard. Most of the recipes are usually for "dry" chocolate cakes, but no worries. We have the right recipe for you. In case your kids birthday is coming up soon and you would like to avoid serving unhealthy cakes- you are in the right place, so let's start!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1 cup Xucker Basic Erythrite
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut Oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Bulk syrup (gives the frosting its smoothness and sweet taste)
- Preheat the oven to 170-180C. Prepare a springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, Erythrite, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
- Now add the vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Pour the water cup in and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the cake batter into the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, frost if desired.
- **I prefer to make a triple layer cake, as I find it gives it a nicer look for birthdays or special occasions. If you’d also like a triple layer cake, simply triple the cake ingredients, double the frosting ingredients and stake a layer on top of the other after finishing to frost.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your coconut oil, sticky sweetener of choice and cocoa powder. Mix until a glossy liquid chocolate texture remains.
- Add your unsweetened applesauce. First add 1 cup and depending on what texture you have after, increase.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, to thicken slightly.
- Take out of the fridge and frost the cake. You may also decorate the cake for a special occasion