🧑🏽🍳 Level: ⭐⭐
⌛Prep Time: 50 minutes | Bake time: 55 minutes
📈Calories per Serving: 240
One of the heathiest and favourite cakes on our website. A Moist and tender orange cake with no added sugar. Made with whole orange, almond meal and a marmalade glaze.
- 1 large Whole orange
- 150 grams Xucker Bronxe Tin
- 275 grams Almond Meal
- 4 Large Eggs - (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Butter to grease the tin
- 1 tablespoon Orange Marmalade to glaze top
- boil water in a pot (about ¾ full), add the orange, and cook on high for about an hour until the orange becomes tender without covering the pot.
- If you see some brownish marks on the orange, it's completely normal.
- Drain the water and let it cool. Slice orange in half and remove seeds, but do not peal the orange.
- Preheat fan oven to 160 degrees grease a round 20 cm spring form tin with a bit of butter all round the sides (in order to prevent to cake from sticking to the tin.
- Add orange to a food processor or blender, along with granulated sweetener and mix until it has a puree texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond meal, eggs, baking powder, and orange mixture. Use a spatula to gently mix together until combined, making sure all the almond meal is blended in.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes until golden.
- Smooth over the top of the cake with a butter knife and add the Orange Marmalade to glaze top
- Let cake cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then take out of the tin